When a loved one passes away, the Corona Law Firm, P.A. is here to guide you through the probate process.

With the death of a loved one many times one is forced in making difficult decisions. We here at the Corona Law Firm, P.A. are here to make sure the Estate gets administered as quickly and painlessly as possible.

We are here to guide you through every step of the way starting with helping you get appointed as the Personal Representative.

Why would I need an attorney?

  • A person dies with or without a will and assets need to be distributed
  • A spouse dies and the other spouse is trying to modify their loan
  • To transfer title on real property when someone dies

What is the process?

  1. File a petition with the Court and give notice to heirs and/or beneficiaries.
  2. Inventory the Estate & Give notice to creditors
  3. Pay all outstanding debts & taxes
  4. Transfer legal title


Should you wish to avoid litigation consequences after death, our legal team can help you draft your will to ensure your assets gets distributed properly upon your death.


Additionally, we at the Corona Law Firm, P.A. participate in guardianship proceedings to ensure that the needed person is adequately cared for by an appointed guardian. Should an elder family member no longer be able to care for themselves, we help make the transition process as smooth as possible. Should a child inherit money, a Guardian manages those funds until the child reaches a condition, usually the age of majority.

What is the process?

  • The person would be examined by an independent Board appointed by the court who would make the determination whether that person was fully or partially incapacitated. A person is legally incapacitated if he or she is judicially determined to lack the capacity to manage at least some of the property or to meet at least some of the essential health and safety requirements of such person.
  • Once they have been declared incompetent a guardianship case would be opened and a Guardian would be appointed.

What are some things the Guardian does?

  • Determine what the medical care and/or place of residence would be for the incapacitated person.
  • Close out and/or consolidate bank accounts.
Show Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *